Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Book Review: Everybody’s Daughter by Michael John Sullivan


My Review
0 of 5 stars

“Finished” July 13, 2013

I say finished in quotes because I got about 100 pages in and really just wanted the book done so I skipped pages, read chapter here and there and read the end and called is a mercy killing.

This was an awful book. You just can’t write a fiction that involves time travel and a subplot to the New Testament. I was totally fine with the concept of time-traveling and watching Jesus’ life, but not in meeting him and getting chummy.

I found the book to be offensive. The notes say that the author incorporates his own childhood into the stories he writes; a modern Medici. At its best it’s egotistical at worst sacrilegious. I didn’t really read the whole book and I won’t be reading any of the other titles encouraged in the notes at the end.

2 comments:

April said...

Hi, Nani!
Sure sounds like the kind of book I want to steer clear of...thanks for letting us know! Be sure to stop by my blog tomorrow...I'm having a giveaway! Should be fun! :)

Hilary said...

I know what book not to read - although I don't think i'd be able to get through the back cover of that one - you are a good woman to read as much as you did!