Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Where I've Been

Sarann, from Sarann Rap (I just love her blog name!) wondered how many states I’d been to in my quest to see all 50. This is a little bigger than a fragment, so I’ll tell now!

First I’ll mention what my personal requirements are for me to count it as a state I’ve visited. I must do ONE of the following: spend a night in a hotel or campground, eat a meal in a restaurant, attend an event or do something that’s listed as a tourist attraction. In other words it has to matter to someone in the state that I was there; I should contribute something to the local economy. Airports don’t count if I don’t leave the airport and welcome centers on the highway don’t count.

I have visited 36 of the 50 United States. The “cheapest” state I included is New Hampshire. State tourism brochures brag about there being no sales tax in the state. When I was in New Hampshire, I bought batteries at a convenience store, something that would be taxable in any other state. I will return to New Hampshire to get it better!


Here’s my map: Green states I have visited, blue states I’ve also seen a baseball game or ten.


* I’ve got some catching up to do with my husband! When we went to North and South Carolina on vacation this year, they were states 47 and 48 for David! I still have more ballparks!

* I love Tennessee and I can’t believe I haven’t seen a baseball game there!

* I’ve been to a game for every Major League affiliated professional baseball team in Michigan and Indiana, still missing a couple in Ohio.

* Although I haven’t seen baseball in Wisconsin, I did see a Milwaukee Wave indoor soccer game.

* I visited Kansas for a job interview in 2000 for the NBC affiliate in Topeka. The creative services director took me out to lunch after picking me up at the airport and gave me a quick tour of downtown on the way to the office. I think contemplating a move serious enough to interview for a position definitely counts, even if it wasn’t my money spent on lunch.

* David and I were in Idaho together in 2007. We didn’t spend the night, but when we stopped for lunch we made sure we had potatoes!


I still need to visit: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah, and Vermont.

David and I are hopeful that we can do Hawaii in 2018. It’d be cool to have a few more checked off by then too!


1 comment:

Sarann said...

You DEFINITELY have to catch a Rockies game at Coors Field! I used to go a lot when I was in college in Colorado!