This week’s statements:
1. My day always starts by ____
2. I prefer ___ to ____
3. I never thought I’d __________ until I __________
4. I wish I could ________ for ________________.
1. My day always starts by having a cup of coffee and a piece of fruit. It’s my breakfast appetizer.
2. I prefer Natural Instincts Cinnaberry to the natural silver that’s becoming more prevalent on my head.
3. I never thought I’d have a wedding until I started thinking about it with David. We both talked about it but decided it wasn’t worth the trouble. We just wanted the marriage. Surprising everyone after was a blast!
4. I wish I could teleport for things that were more than a couple hours’ drive away.
1. What's your view on men wearing sandals (yay or nay)?
As long as they don’t wear them with socks! I really never look at anyone’s shoes, but socks and sandals throw out a beacon to me tell me “FAIL ahead!”
2. What song do you love but are embarrassed to admit?
Anything by Pitbull, but I’m starting to get over the embarrassment.
3. What summer camp should they make for moms?
Cooking camp, one where you learn ways to make a balanced meal for kids that they’ll love, even ask for. Okay, but that also gives tips on effectively discouraging trading sandwiches at lunch. My mom made checkerboard sandwiches with white and brown bread, cut into 4s and opposing corners flipped. They were so cool my brother could get a Twinkie for half of one.
4. What is the most romantic song? (Not necessarily your favorite or your wedding song...)
I Know How The River Feels by Diamond Rio; If we’d had a traditional wedding and reception I’d have wanted that to be our first dance, but David would have wanted Your Own Special Way by Genesis. He’d have won that one because it was the song we danced to in the kitchen our first Valentine’s Day together, so it gets an extra shot of romance value! But I still think I Know How The River Feels expresses beyond romance!
5. Do you have an embarrassing pregnancy story?
I’ve never been pregnant by choice and careful prevention.
Kaline was weaned too soon and we used to moisten all her food because she didn’t have all of her kitten teeth yet. She slept in my bed, her choice. One night she tried to suckle me. That was embarrassing at the time. That’s as close to a pregnant story as I have; Kaline thought I gave birth to a litter of kittens.
** I’d never heard of Luke Bryan until the All Star Game! I got a lot of comments about his looks. I heard the National Anthem but was in the kitchen finishing up the dishes so I still don’t know what he looks like. Shrugs. I’m happy with my own morning eye-candy anyway. He did have a good voice!
** Today is a Cat-Holiday. It’s similar to St. Patrick’s Day. When a black cat crosses your path it’s a blessing and if that cat needs a home and you welcome it into your home, you are doubly blessed. Black cats are incredibly affectionate to the people who care for them. Think of a black cat as a leprechaun today and all that love is your pot of gold! Oh yeah, and also like St. Patrick’s Day; Everycat is a Black Cat on Friday the 13th!