Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, December 20, 2010

Soap Box Between Cookies


I was having my morning multitask, coffee and a banana nut muffin, reading news stories and making Krisp Kringles, well, okay I made and poured to set the Kringles before coffee and news. One story I read was about the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” Gay Rights stories often get my dander up.

I have had friends and good acquaintances that are gay over the years, but there’s not anyone that I am aware of in my family, relatives and friends, who is gay. Still Gay Rights issues are a huge deal to me. I’m not sure why, other than the fact that I can’t stand the government or ignorant special interest groups stepping on another person’s rights “because you’re not like ME!” I was a girl who played ice Hockey in the 70s and a woman in sports production in the 90s. I guess it’s just that I know a thing or two about being told I’m not enough like someone else. NO ONE has a right to tell ANYONE that, EVER.

I am so happy that Rina and Tori, kids in high school in general, are becoming more understanding and accepting. I am proud that the girls find those who bully, abuse and inflict violence and murder for those insecure excuses to be the deviants and worthless members of society. Human morals and values are becoming more normal in that area.

It does pain me at this time of year to think that any kind of discrimination is still in the news. Not in MY world. In my utopia it’s not even a hot topic. It just doesn’t exist.

I look at our Christmas card this year and think, if I was a lesbian and David was a woman and my partner, that card would be the same. I still would have written the sappy verse, still would scrapbook and have designed the card, the cats would still be there on the rumpled comforter on our bed and there would still be a photo of us at someone’s wedding. The difference would be that we wouldn’t be married living in Ohio. Somehow, there are people who think that would be wrong. Since we don’t have kids, I don’t get what the difference would be. It’s not like we took advantage of the ONLY thing a marriage can do on its own exclusively with opposite sex partners.

With the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” the haters will hate louder. The supporters of equal rights for human beings, need to support louder too.

Stepping off soapbox now. Gotta start another batch of cookies. :)

No comments: