Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, July 22, 2022

Chronicles of Nani - Bits & Bytes

If there are disabled people who have nothing to do except sit around the house watch TV and if they're lucky someone will leave them bonbons to eat, I must be doing something wrong.

Okay, I was forced into early retirement because of MS and as a recovering workaholic, I'm not even sure I would have actually retired. I just spent a week with my dad, also someone who sucks at being retired. He limps badly, it hurts me to watch, but it's moving that keeps him feeling okay. Aside from being wonderful company and conversation for me he was also an incredible cook every day he was here, cleared the weeds out of my wheelchair ramp area, washed a huge backlog of dirty dishes, scrubbed the stove surface and repaired the broken trimwork that keeps the bathroom door closed. He also made a few trips to different hardware stores to get all of the pieces necessary to fix our broken mailbox. THAT'S how I wanted to retire someday. And probably still do a YouTube show about some thing because I really couldn't stop working.

But well my husband seem to have had a miserable week because he couldn't spend it all completely away as originally planned, I actually had a nice week of vacation. But then also left me with a HUGE list of things that I need to do including record and get the show ready to premier.

This week’s show is all about what you put together when you have about 10 minutes to figure out what you're going to do in two days to record and put together the entire thing. I think I'm still pretty good at what I did before I was forced to retire early.

(Of course thanks to MS, it took lots of caffeine to get it done and about a three hour nap when it was finished.)


No comments: