Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, October 31, 2014

Global Climate Change Is Evil!


That clipping is the scariest thing a trick-or-treater can see minutes before the start of candy begging time. That was the weather at the start of the 6-8PM festivities for the kids tonight. It's raining on Halloween for the second year in a row and tonight it's 38 degrees and mixed with snow. I think we need to move trick-or-treating to September next year. It only has 30 days, so we could just switch the 31st to the end of September instead of October.

I didn’t do candy this year of course, but I have a plan to be back at the door with my 150 bags of “stuff” enabling the sugar buzzes next year. I’m kinda glad I had to bow out this year. Not only would I be so cold I couldn’t feel my hands or feet womaning the door but I’d feel guilty for giving candy and encouraging kids to come out in the wet and cold. I heard just a few squeals outside, but I think the majority of costumed cuties found an indoor party, at least I hope they did! This is their night and they deserve candy and costumed fun.

I’ve been thinking of being scary and wearing my “Got Celery?” shirt to give out candy next year, but after last year and this, celery might be just too scary!

3 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

Our Village always schedules beggars night on Thursday before Halloween. So our kids went out last night. And I passed out all 378 plus pieces of candy. It was fun watching all the looks and stares at our front porch. I eerily set up a pumpkin spider theme. When Katie saw what I had done, she exclaimed, "I have the coolest Dad ever!!" I'll text you a pic or two. Katie was all set to go out as a skeleton. But she came home from school and was discouraged because several others were also going to be skeletons. She she improvised and dressed herself up as a Red Sox fan! I have the coolest daughter ever!!

Edna B said...

Ouch! Too cold and wet for me. Thank goodness, our rain held off, and Pogo and I were able to go out broom riding again. It was a bit brisk with patches of clouds, but mostly it was rather invigorating. Ahhhh, we're already looking forward to next year's ride.

Stay indoors and be warm Nani. Spring will be here soon. (lol)
Hugs, Edna B.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's really cold! I love handing out the candy but would like to come up with something healthier that the kids would actually like!