Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, January 24, 2014

Whoosh--Woooo--Woosh BANG-SQUEAK-BANG!

I’m starting today a little talk about the weather, then I’ll change the subject, okay?

If I don’t talk about the weather the title makes no sense. I started off the day early this morning at -2° but barely windy compared to what it’s been this afternoon. There was snow earlier this week and my power chair wouldn’t be able get through the end of the driveway to get the bus so I changed my appointment with my counselor to 9 o’clock this morning. I considered after that and especially when I woke up this morning that I might be just a little bit nuts after all. Why would I schedule my appointments for earlier in the day when it will be colder instead of afternoon when it would warm up to today’s sweltering forecast high of 15? As it turned out, cold as I was this morning, I made a better choice after all. The wind picked up and it’s been whoosh-woo-whoosh all afternoon.

I had medication delivered and invited the woman delivering it to come inside while I signed the paperwork and I ordered lunch delivered and welcomed delivery woman into the house to make the delivery as well. Before you even wonder about it, yes, I definitely included the appropriate tip for a delivery made when the wind chill is below zero, 10 below, yanno when it gets to below zero, actual temperature or wind chill, it doesn’t really matter it’s definitely cold enough to warrant a bonus tip. After I brought lunch in I started hearing the “bang-squeak-bang!” That’s our side door. It doesn’t close really well. There’s a latch at the bottom that helps keep it from opening like that but I can’t reach it without tipping over down the stairs so it’s not latched. I sent David a text to let him know that if the door is still attached when he gets home it will need to be latched.

When lunch came Marco was more interested in meeting delivery person than he was in the food. In fact he didn’t seem interested in my semi-comfort food Italian sub at all. But when I opened the salad…

Our little vacuum cleaner will eat anything but he LOVES his lettuce!

I think the cold and wind has something to do with it but I’ve realized that I scrap a LOT of Cat pages especially in the beginning of my books. My theory is that in those first couple months I don’t get out a lot, or at least I try not to. So I take lots of pictures of the cats. Since I have January and February completed for the years I’m catching up I decided to see what page number the 10th cat page was for each year.

In 2008 the 10th cat page was page 38 but that was also after eight pages of my first trip to Iowa. In 2009 number 10 was page 28 and it was 27 in 2010, 31 in 2011. Keep in mind percentagewise we’re talking 25-33%. After my MS diagnosis that percentage increased. In 2012 cat page 10 was page 19 and it was page 20 last year. So far this year January pretty much snow and cats with an occasional lunch. My counselor suggests that scrapbooking is a good thing because it keeps me focused on happy or funny subjects and is a good stress-relieving creative outlet. I agree with her 100%, but I also think a doctor who prescribes that you scrap more is almost as good as a doctor who tells you to drink more coffee!

But all the cat layouts in the beginning of my books do look good!

2008 – Good Cats?
Credits: Day By Day by Nibbles Skribbles

Kaline 2010


Carla 2012

The last two are layouts done a while ago and I don’t have the credits recorded. (The first one was posted in a scrapbooking gallery so I was able to swipe the credits from myself)

That’s it for tonight – Stay warm!

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I got a chill just hearing about your weather. Love the cat pages, really cute. I think your counselor is right about the scrapbooking because you are working on happy fun things. Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

Edna B said...

I agree with your counselor, scrapping is definitely good for you. It keeps your mind and your hands busy. Plus the sense of accomplishment is also good for you.

There is a flag hanging over my front door, and when it is windy, all you can hear is thump thump from the wind moving and banging the flagpole holder. It drives Pogo crazy.

You are much braver than me. I would have rescheduled my appointments for next May or June.

Now I must get busy and finish catching up with my blog reading. You have a wonderful day my friend, and happy scrapping. Hugs, Edna B.