Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Review: The Ex Who Wouldn't Die (Charley's Ghost #1) by Sally Berneathy


Finished September 27, 2013

Book synopsis at Good Reads

When Amanda's lying, cheating, scam-artist husband, Charley, saves her life in a near-fatal motorcycle accident, she can almost forgive him for dragging his feet on their divorce. Then she discovers he'd been dead for several hours at the time she thought he rescued her. And not just dead…murdered.

On the good side, at least they are no longer married.

But she's the primary suspect in Charley's murder and, as if that isn't bad enough, Charley's ghost shows up in her apartment. He was rejected, kicked back, not allowed to go into the light. The situation was bad enough when he was alive and trying to charm his way back into her life, but now he claims to be unable to go more than a few yards away from her. She can't even be certain he isn't peeking when she undresses for bed.

Even death did not them part.

As Amanda puts her life in danger in an effort to bring Charley's murderer to justice and send him into the light or the dark or anywhere away from her, she learns her knowledge of Charley's misdeeds is only the tip of a toxic iceberg. Charley blackmailed his murderer, blackmailed Amanda's father, lied about his family being dead when he is actually related to half the town of Silver Creek, Texas, and, with his treachery, has stirred up secrets that will change Amanda's life.



My review at Good Reads

2 of 5 stars

This book really should have gotten higher rating. It was an entertaining light mystery through most of the story. The main character was likeable and the ghost of her ex, a lifetime scam artist who finds himself unable to lie after death is interesting.

The characters are a little flat, especially the characters that are supporting characters. My biggest disappointment with the book was the end. Everything fell into place as if by some magic because it wasn’t realistic. There really wasn’t support for some of the amazing things that finished the book but the reader is just supposed to accept them. When the dust finally settled and the book ended everything was wrapped up neatly with unrealistically Pollyanna emotion but the story wasn’t over due to one more improbable character emption. This made way for a second book that I don‘t think I’ll be reading. I’ll stick with book 3 in Sally Berneathy’s Death by Chocolate series.

No comments: