Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Review: Antiques Roadkill by Barbara Allan



Book Synopsis from Good Reads

Brandy Borne and her mother Vivian find themselves investigating the murder of a crooked antiques dealer who just happened to take Vivian for all she was worth. Now they are in a race to find the murderer before he or she strikes again because they could very well be next!

My Review at Good Reads

4 out of 5 stars

This was such a fun read! Told in first person by Brandy Borne, a recent divorcee who really did "go home to mother," leaving Chicago and returning to her small hometown on the banks of the Mississippi to try to put the pieces together again. It was like you were reading a story being told over coffee with the story teller, including all the parentheticals and side note opinions and remarks. It's a serious story, there is murder, there are priceless antique heirlooms and there is definitely some mental imbalance, but don't be so quick to point a finger at the crazy ones or the murderer.

I though the book was interesting as a murder story, but just as entertaining as listening to an amazing story as told by my best friend. I felt like Brandy was a friend by about half way through the book, that is she was likable and I was shocked at what shocked her, mistrusted those she didn’t trust and felt the same "AH-HA!" moments she did, right or wrong. The end of the book made perfect sense, in a fiction sort of way, and I never tried to figure it out before the end because I was just enjoying my "coffee with Brandy" too much.

With the exception of the real psychos, I know or have known a lot of the characters. It made a lighter side mystery very real and a pleasure to read.

No comments: