Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ohio Tourism Report


Cluster made with various scanned and commercial use items from my stash

Happy Groundhog Day! Today is the day we determine how many people will flock to the state of Ohio in March for the weather. Remember last year when Punxsutawney Phil predicted six more weeks of winter and Buckeye Chuck predicted and early spring, about mid-March, and I predicted the Spring Break crowd just might be swarming into Ohio? Yeah, okay, it was a very warm winter and all but the Walleye didn’t break any attendance records filled with bikini-clad coeds. I don’t know what they did with the extra beer I’m sure they ordered.

This year Phil and Chuck agree that spring will come in mid-March instead of having to wait six weeks! Unfortunately, with the big Groundhog and Chuck agreeing, I don't think we'll see the boost in tourism dollars we didn't see last year.  Not to mention that our very local Holland HuckeyToo did see his shadow and expects 6 more weeks of winter in the Toledo area. I don’t know how he saw his shadow because I don’t see any sun. But, while everyone else gets to start enjoying spring early, in mid-March, we’re not expecting spring in Toledo for 6 weeks, not until March sixtee… Oh.

Anyway this is what we look like this morning:


The groundhog that lives in our backyard didn’t even wake up. I wonder what THAT means.

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys the silliness that is Groundhog Day!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I have re-nominated you for the award, but I also posted the why's to each of those who received! Why did you award me one? I don't get it? /smile!

Love you! Kelly xoxo

Anonymous said...

it is snowing for the first time today here in saluda, nc!

seamhead gypsy said...

Doesn't matter what Phil, Chuck, or anyone else says, 6 more weeks or not....only 54 days until opening day!