Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Welcome Joey II

It's been the most insane 4-1/2 days!  Friday morning I hit the power button on Joey, my computer, and he tried to start, and stopped, and tried again, and stopped again and tried and tried and tried to no avail.

It was over.  It wasn't coming back.

Sunday, David and I went out to become Best Buy's favorite customers.  You see, after a couple months of starting slower and slower, David's computer, Cool Color, (he never gave it  name, but it was often complimented for being red) Finally stopped starting at all too.  So we wandered into the computer area intent on walking out with 2 new laptops.  Will that put a sparkle in a sales associate's eyes or what?  After dropping off the old Joey to have the hard drive information transferred, because it was determined that it was a dead computer and not a dead hard drive, we left with David's new computer!  And a piece if paper to confirm that mine would arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.  It seems that every digital scrapbooker in Toledo bought the same computer last weekend.  There wasn't one of the model I liked in any of the local stores.

So, Joey II is here as of about an hour ago.  I missed International Digital Scrapbooking Day and all the half-off sales.  I had a gift certificate at Ginger Scraps that would have doubled in value last weekend too.  -sigh-  And I missed some memes that I usually do and one I was going to try.  And I watched TV.  Gads, I watched TV all day Saturday.   I feel a lot less lazy playing on the computer for 6 hours than I do just sitting there.  That's me, but while I love the true crime shows, I don't think I'll be watching Alien Surf Girls again. 

So, just wanted to check in...and make sure the new Joey blogs well; he does.   Now, I'm off to finish moving in; Photoshop just finished downloading!  :)

2 comments:

Tami said...

I use Photoshop for scrapbooking too. I love it! Glad that Joey II is up and running.

Edna B said...

I'm so glad you're back. I missed you. I would say "how awful that your old computers have died and gone to PC heaven" but look at the bright side. You now have nice new laptops. I wish you much luck and fun with your new toys. Did you both get Windows 8? Let me know how you like it. I am contemplating whether or not I want to upgrade. I'm at work, so gotta get busy. You have a wonderful night. Hugs, Edna B.