Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, March 26, 2012

Meet Me On Monday


Break time, lunch time…turkey soup time! Pop brought me the carcass of the turkey they’d cooked in two packages last time he visited. While I was scrapping Saturday, one of those packages became broth! I have 4 containers of broth that I need to skim so I can freeze three of them. The day after grocery day is so rough. Decisions, decisions, I bought turkey pepperoni so a pizza is tempting too.


For breakfast this morning I tried the new Kellogg’s Krave cereal. I got the double chocolate; chocolate whole grain with a chocolate cream center. YUM! Points like most breakfast cereal and 3 grams of fiber, so it’s healthy and filling too. With almond milk, it’s breakfast ambrosia!


Now that I’m amply appetized, I’ll post my Meet Me On Monday so I can get on that turkey soup!

Acting Balanced

1. What movie or movies do you have to watch when they are on TV? (submitted by @rndmcrftyGAgrl)

If Gone With The Wind is on or any of the Harry Potter movies, I’ll stop surfing the TV and watch. Same is true for Field of Dreams or anything with Cary Grant or Ginger Rogers.


2. When you have out of town visitors, what fun places do you take them to in your town? (Or where do you play tourist in your own town?) 

Depends on the time of year and their taste in food. During baseball season the first place I’d take out of town guests is to a Mud Hens game. In fact we had out of town guests for our wedding reception which was at a Mud Hens game.

If it’s anyone who even slightly likes Middle Eastern food or would like to try it, I’d take them to Ya Halla. When Tori or Rina visit that’s a “must eat there” destination

3. What was the first album, CD, Download you ever bought?

The very first? Golly, I really don’t remember. I know saving up for Triumph’s Allied Forces was a big deal early in my record buying days. Replacing all of my Night Ranger vinyl was the first thing when I got my first CD player, but it was a Christmas gift and many friends knew so I didn’t have a lot of Night Ranger left to buy after Christmas.

As far as an MP3 goes, when I first had iTunes, I loaded a bunch of stuff from CDs, so the first song I bought was Kokomo by the Beach Boys. I used a piece of it for the Musical Photobook presentation I made for my dad’s 60th birthday party.


4. Do you speak more than one language and which ones? If not, what language would you like to know?

Je parle un peu français, mais seulement un peu.

I speak enough French to order in a restaurant, ask for directions and say “please speak slowly, French isn’t my native language.” I used to be able to read a French newspaper. I could probably still figure most of it out.

I speak and understand much less Italian, but I could still order in a restaurant, I just couldn’t answer any questions! LOL I can follow what my relatives are talking about by recognizing words and getting the gist of the context. When they break into English to ask me a question pertaining to the discussion, I have always been pleased that I actually did understand! I can read letters in Italian. I get occasional letters from the government in San Marino but I always bring them when I visit Pop to make sure I understood correctly.


5. What is your dream job?

My first dream job was to be an advertising creative, like Darrin on Bewitched. As an adult, my dream job would be stadium operations manager for a professional baseball team.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gone With The Wind is a must see!
THANKS!!! for stopping by and visiting, come by anytime!