Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

Kitchen dreaming

Okay, I’m not so much complaining, really! With the exception of a few things, like our stove, I really do like our antique 1950s kitchen. But now, we’re expecting family to visit in July and in the midst of the other things going on, I have to get the house ready for people to stop by!

So, I dream, dream about what the ultimate kitchen would look like. I can get my Dad to help. The home improvement stuff is what he does! My brother the salesman isn't so far removed from it either. He’d help! As for me, I’m actually pretty handy with electronics and wiring!

So, first for this family project, I’d definitely want a formica countertop and back splash. NO MORE TILE WITH WHITE GROUT! No more cleaning with bleach and an old toothbrush! Then, I’d definitely want to look at stainless steel sinks. The ceramic stains and has to be scrubbed, same as the grout on the counters. Then I’d top it off with a modern electric stove, flat with more heat control than we have now. Of course if I was just adding those things, I’d need to give the floors and cupboard facings a good scrub, but it would be SO worth it.

And when we celebrate our ten-year, we can have a party and everyone can see the improvement! But as for by July, I’d better get the toothbrush and start scrubbing!

No comments: