Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I’ve Been Tagged and Tagged and Tagged...

Labor Day 2007
Kit - Dandelions and Thistle by Digitalegacies, Font - J.D.

First thing I’ll mention is that the Monday Mug Shot will return next Monday. By the time we got back in and situated last night, I was just too darn tired to blog!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, a great long Memorial Day weekend to my fellow Americans who read. David and I took advantage of better skies east of us and went railfanning in the Pittsburgh area. Lots of coal trains in Pitt, and I am really working on collecting coal trains for my end of the year show this year. It was also fun that the Penguins are in the Stanley Cup finals against Detroit. After so many years in “Hockeytown,” as a baseball fan and not really a hockey fan, it was refreshing to see the “Go Pens” signs all over instead of the same old “Go Wings” that I’d been barraged with until I moved to Ohio. This is my first full hockey season outside of Detroit and even with the Wings in the finals and Tigers doing so poorly, in the home of their AAA team, spring has been news of the Tigers, not the Wings. I have Red Wing fan friends that would go nuts here, but it suits perfectly!


Now for the tagging, I was tagged, I mean REALLY tagged! I was tagged by Vicki (DigiLover), My Treasured Scraps, Beckie (Beckie Wallace Designs), Charlie’s Nana (Sunshine Scraps) and Kristine (Wenchd Grafix) by way that she tagged “everyone” who reads her blog (if they want to do it)!

Now, my ego is swimming in this popularity! I read Kristine’s blog and was going to do it because I wanted to anyway, but I really do appreciate being tagged too. I enjoy doing the occasional meme or blog-to-blog game when I have a non-blogging day. I prefer not to blog more than once a day because many regular visitors to my blog only visit once a day. If I post 2 blogs entries, the first one doesn’t get as many hits. Like I’ve said before, I scrutinize the stats and try to keep an eye out for traffic patterns, return visits and the entries that get the most comments and hits. I blog for my own personal expression, but I also blog to entertain, that whole coffee shop concept, so pleasing my readers is important to me too! Since it’s a bring-your-own-coffee coffee shop, the very least I can do is make sure I’m putting the magazines my customers want to read on the tables, right?

Here are the rules in this tagging -

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


1. Links to all my taggers are above - please visit their blogs! (When you leave a comment, mention that you visited to read their 7 after reading mine!) Rules also posted.
2. see below
3. I’m going to borrow Kristine’s idea and offer a “tag” to anyone who hasn’t done this yet and would like to.
4. Since I reversed the tagging, please leave me a comment if you do it so I can see yours!

Now back to number 2 :

7 points of Nanintrigue

1. I keep a dream diary and try different ways to remember my dreams better.
2. I love vegetables and always have, but I can’t stand lima beans.
3. I’m a control freak.
4. One of my favorite TV shows as a kid was Bewitched, because Darrin Stevens had the coolest job in the world. (Ad Designer)
5. In my teens/early 20s, I got copyrights for four songs that I wrote. I also wrote a hymn that I gave to the church as my service project for my confirmation.
6. I crochet and do counted cross-stitch.
7. Just after my 13th birthday, I was slapped in San Marino for shoplifting! I was so proud of my Italian that when I understood the shopkeeper asking me if I’d paid for an item I was holding, I confidently said, “Si!” She slapped me across the face and took the item away. She had actually asked “Are you stealing this?”


And now, after allowing me to shock, amaze or bore you with talk about me - A new freebie kit!

sorry, this link is expired

Dandelions and Thistle is a new color kit by Digitalegacies. It’s a color celebration of two of God’s wildflowers that are often referred to as weeds by the human masses. Using a palatte of the yellow and purples of the flowers and the green of the supporting plants, I’ve assembled a pretty kit with 10 papers and 29 elements.

The kit includes:
5 textured papers
5 patterned papers
3 bows
5 glass charms
3 braided cords
5 eyelets
5 frames
3 journal mats
3 sets of laces
2 word art - (1 with embellishments and 1 plain)

Yes, this is the influence for the dandelion pictures and weed quotes lately! I was so pleased to find a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson about weeds for the word art! I love Emerson’s works. “What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.” is from his essay, Fortune of The Republic. While my scrapbook kit won’t make dandelions and thistle as big as cotton, I’d like to think I can expose a little of their virtue in the summery colors they represent!

Even if you aren’t photographing weeds, I hope you can find this color kit useful in scrapping those children who “grow like weeds,” or use that quote to give some encouragement to someone who has yet to discover their own virtue!

As always, please direct people to my blog to download rather than share the kit and I appreciate any comments about the kit in the Chronicles of Nani comments. If you use the kit for a layout, please show me! I’ll send you a link for “A Perfect Summer Day!”



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nani, my goodness you certainly have been tagged - lol!!! had a little chuckle that you don't like lima beans.. that's how I got my little boy to eat minestrone soup. I put lima beans in it and tell him they are the beans from the story about Jack and the Beanstalk and he now eats my soup like there is no tomorrow - lol!!!

your #7 is a crack up!! I almost did a KimB and pee'd my pants when I read it!!!

love your new little freebie especially your glass charms which are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Well Nani - I have just spent over 3 hours reading your blog, admiring your mugs and photos, and all the stuff you wrote. Even had a cry over poor ole Chester. And just because you mentioned Dandelions and Thistles over on Stone Accents. I love dandelions and thistles LOL so I had to come track down your kit & QP. Thanks - this has been so much fun.