Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review: Ties That Bind by Phillip Margolin

Finished February 12, 2014

Synopsis at Good Reads

Success is fleeting; nobody knows this better than lawyer Amanda Jaffe, She had been the undisputed rising star of Portland's legal community, but in a cruel twist of irony, the same case that put her on the map -- theCardoni trial, which pitted Amanda against a brilliant sociopath (in theNew York Times bestseller Wild Justice) -- had left her traumatized, doubting her instincts, and shunning the limelight.

This reticence ends when Amanda agrees to handle the case no one else will touch. Jon Dupre, who runs an upscale call-girl service, is accused of murdering a U.S. senator. Dupre claims to possess proof of the existence of a secret society of powerful men who have banded together for a commonly held political agenda. The rite of passage that binds them together -- the initiation into this powerful brotherhood -- is murder.

To Amanda these seem the desperate claims of a man who will lie to save his own skin -- until she is pressured to walk away from the case. Determined to put a knife in the heart of the fear and psychological trauma that has plagued her ever since Cardoni, she refuses to abandon her investigation. It's a decision that will place her and those she loves directly in the path of a deadly juggernaut with ambitions that extend all the way to the presidency of the United State


My Review at Good Reads
5 of 5 stars

I really liked the first Amanda Jaffe book but this one was even better loved the way the story flowed with lots of players and what seemed like lines that didn’t go together until they did fit perfectly together. It’s definitely a story that demands the reader’s attention, but the action and logic make it easy to give it that full attention. This was definitely a book I couldn’t put down, really, I was irritated by a couple of meetings that I didn’t have to sit in a waiting room for a prolonged stay so I could read and there were a couple of late nights reading more than usual before bed. Excellent book and I’ll be adding more Margolin to my e-reader.

No comments: