Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book Review: The Innocent (Will Robie #1) by David Baldacci

Finished February 25, 2014

Synopsis from Good Reads

America has enemies--ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can't stop. That's when the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone cold hitman who never questions orders and always nails his target. But Will Robie may have just made the first--and last--mistake of his career . .

It begins with a hit gone wrong. Robie is dispatched to eliminate a target unusually close to home in Washington, D.C. But something about this mission doesn't seem right to Robie, and he does the unthinkable. He refuses to kill. Now, Robie becomes a target himself and must escape from his own people.

Fleeing the scene, Robie crosses paths with a wayward teenage girl, a fourteen-year-old runaway from a foster home. But she isn't an ordinary runaway-her parents were murdered, and her own life is in danger. Against all of his professional habits, Robie rescues her and finds he can't walk away. He needs to help her.

Even worse, the more Robie learns about the girl, the more he's convinced she is at the center of a vast cover-up, one that may explain her parents' deaths and stretch to unimaginable levels of power.
Now, Robie may have to step out of the shadows in order to save this girl's life . . . and perhaps his own.


My Review at Good Reads
5 out of 5 Stars

100+ pages a day is a lot of reading for me. This was definitely a book I just couldn’t put down. Right from the beginning when the hero of the book is an assassin I know it’s gonna be a book I probably like.

The first couple of sections of the book are the basic “craftsman practicing his trade” in this case how government-sponsored assassinations that the government will tell you it thing about our carry out by finding professional assassin. At this point in the book I didn’t like Will Robie. He was methodical, dark and well, he’s a killer. When it actually enters in the body of the book and you start to learn a little more about how Robie thinks he becomes more likable, even quite likable.

The supporting characters are well-developed. As the plot unfolds and you start to discover coverups and major government agencies that have been infiltrated the reader begins to miss trust and suspect everyone right along with Robie as possibly someone else wants to add him to the list of murders the book.

David Baldacci has yet point me and not only is the first Will Robie book another great Baldacci work but I can definitely say it’s the best one I’ve read yet.

1 comment:

seamhead gypsy said...

I'm the same way, I can never put a Baldacci novel down. Usually when they show up at my door (from a pre-order) I know that I'm only going to get several hours of sleep that night. I spend most for the night reading. Normally from the time the book shows up I'm finished within 36 hours. I'm glad you enjoy them too!