Cartoon from Facebook
So since the tenth I’ve just been enjoying little Nani-things that make me happy including meeting Lissa for lunch this past weekend and retrieving my own BzzKit from the side steps instead of asking David to do it for me. My current BzzKit is SO COOL! It’s tasty treats from Kroger’s Simple Truth line. I’ll be talking about that here in the next couple days.
Monday morning I got my first epidural steroid shot. Looking back I’m not sure what I was worried about. Okay, I was worried about how I react to IV drip anesthesia and being able to feel needles driving into my back. Actually the IV was nice, not an “I want to do it every day” nice, but in an I slept, didn’t feel anything never felt truly out-of-control nice. I saw my doctor in the hallway as I was being wheeled in the room where I would get the anesthesia and the procedure but I truly don’t remember seeing him again after that. I have a vague recollection of hearing his voice and then the next thing I knew they were putting me back on the gurney to take me into recovery. My back doesn’t feel great yet but it feels better and I’m not getting the crippling muscle spasms when I straighten it out. It was a good experience and I can say that I’m looking forward to the other two injections that will complete the procedure for now.
Okay enough prattle. I’m joining Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodge Podge!
I don’t think I consider myself “a force to be reckoned with” but I get the feeling that there are others that think of me that way. I do acknowledge that I’m a control freak and pretty much always have been in the past. I think those things have made me a good organizer and even a good project manager, but a force to be reckoned with? Nah, I don’t think so. “A force to be reckoned with” gives the impression of someone people are afraid of. I don’t think I’m anything to be afraid of, at least I know I don’t want to be
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
Two things I like about winter; hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
I’ve never tried guava. I don’t care for kiwi. Kumquats are good but not a staple in my fruit basket. Right now I have a pomegranate that really needs to be cut open. I like pomegranate a lot but cutting them open and getting the seeds out is a pain.
There are two persimmons in my fruit bowl that have been there over a month and are not ripening correctly. This is frustrating to me because I’ve loved persimmons since I was a child. I know that a ripe persimmon is so soft on the inside that it almost feels like touching it will make it explode. I also know that they’re not sold ripe and many people try them for the first time when they’re not ripe and get that furry feeling inside their mouths and never try the persimmon again. That’s sad because they are wonderful. A persimmon in the basket surrounded by apples will ripen faster and better. I don’t know why; it’s an old Italian thing. But the three I bought at three for a dollar last month have only yielded one that’s ripened so far. I eat all the apples that are supposed to be helping the persimmons and then buy more apples… for the persimmons. My dad tells me to be patient and they will ripen.
Maybe I need to buy different apples…
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
If you wait for everything else to fail before you do the right thing you’re doing things way out of order. Do the right thing first.
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
I’d most like to visit ski resort that has the hottest fireplace and the best hot chocolate, and I like to visit there in the summer.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)
Scrapbook kits. One of my favorite designers, Twin Mom Scraps, is retiring at the end of the month and has a super retirement sale. So I wanted to see if there was anything I “needed” but I don’t already have.
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
My mantra for 2014 is “it’s not only about you.” I think that’s true for everyone; there’s not a decision that we make that doesn’t have an effect on at least one other person, usually more. I’m making a conscious effort to remember that before I act selfishly.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Um, I need another cup of coffee and lunch.