Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, August 5, 2013

Satellite Festival Events

It’s a bright Monday morning and although it’s David’s Sunday, we didn’t go out to chase trains today and we made hot breakfast. Our meal included Kroger brand Brown Sugar Honey Breakfast Sausage which is the absolute best breakfast sausage in the Nani world bar none, so starting off that way always sets the table for a god day. Well, that and I had my coffee in my Good Morning coffee mug. I guess it’s the little things that set my attitude, good or bad. Starting my day with my Good Morning mug is important; brown sugar honey breakfast sausage is a major plus!

Midnight was the official end of Nanifest XLVII, thank you Edna for the festival wishes! This year was a one-week festival as Naniday was last Monday, but I’ve been giving the festival dates some thought this year. With my physical limitations, that is since I don’t drive, I have less access to meeting friends or even getting to Pop’s house during a one-week festival. David and I are making plans to go to Pop’s in the next week or two for grill and cake. He told me he and Aunt Judy would take care of dessert for my birthday and not to bring anything this time. Sheri will be out for a girls' day at the end of the month and Heather, Tracy and I are trying to line up schedules for lunch. I think I need to make a disability rider for my festival that states that any plans made during my festival count as festival events. It adds a few random days later in August to the festival but that makes up for the days during my festival that I stayed home and didn’t see anyone. So I’m going to consider any plans made during the festival to be Satellite Festival Events on the Disability Rider. I don’t consider this “milking the disability.” It’s milking my birthday!

Now we joining Heather at Acting Balanced and Wayne at Touristic for the Monday Quiz About Me!


1. Do you prefer brain games or games of chance?

My favorite board games are the brain games and the creative games.


2. How often do you misplace your keys?

I’m usually pretty good with the keys but on the occasion when I do misplace them it’s a traumatic event.

Now David misplaces them a bit more often. That’s a traumatic event too. I got him a key fob and remote finder for them for Christmas last year, but I think he misplaced it.


3. It's National Clown Week! If you were a professional clown what would your name be?

I think Nani the Clown would be a decent clown-name.


4. What is the strangest conversation you had last week?

Just yesterday David and I were trying to figure out if 2011 was a prime number to explain why The Reds didn’t get to the playoffs in 2011. (using Nanilogic)

2011 IS a prime number so that explains why the Reds didn’t make it to the post season in 2011. They were World Champions in 1919, 1940, 1975, 1976 and 1990; none of which are prime numbers. Since 2013 is divisible by three, they should be able to get to the post season this year.

Now don’t you wish you hadn’t asked me about strange conversations??

And now my final question for you…

5. An ear worm is when a song gets stuck in your head and won’t go away. Sometimes you know where it came from other times it makes you crazy because you have no idea how the song got planted in your head. What song was the last ear worm you had. Is it a song you like?

Just this morning I got an ear worm from word art in a scrapbook page I was viewing at Ginger Scraps. The word art says “Boys-Boys-Boys” and the Lady Gaga song Boys, Boys, Boys from her first CD got lodged in my brain and is still going. At least I do like the song.

6 comments:

retired not tired said...

I often sing the song "pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again" to my grandchildren or any little one who falls down. Is that an earworm?

Anonymous said...

Today, in my head, I'm hearing "My Kind of Love" by Lady Antebellum. Funny how that happens,sometimes, isn't it?

Unknown said...

"We Got A Groovy Kind Of Love" is currently stuck in my head and I have NO idea how it got there. Usually my ear worms come from George Takei on facebook.

Actingbalanced said...

Fortunately no ear worms right now but I have been playing the new BNL tracks a lot since I went to their show last week...

blueyes said...

OK I read ear worm and I'm thinking worms in my ear *shivers* there is such a thing if you get certain bugs in there *gross*. Anywho, I think the song that keeps sticking to me, unfortunately, is the one by Robin Thicke, yes Alan Thicke's son, Blurred Lines

Edna B said...

I think the little extensions to Nanifest are a great idea. I have a friend whose birthday is July 11, but for some reason I never remember it until August 11. so every year she enjoys a second birthday. lol. Nani, you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Edna B.