Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review: Total Control by David Baldacci

Book Synopsis at Good Reads

Sidney Archer thought she had the perfect life: a loving husband, an adorable baby daughter, and a great career as a senior partner in a major Washington law firm. But when her husband is killed in a plane crash, her whole world begins to disintegrate. The FBI believes her husband is responsible for the bombing -- and that he may still be alive!


My Review at Good Reads

5 of 5 stars 

Finished 8/15/13

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Like the previous Baldacci book I read it was captivating and believable. There were a lot of characters that were good guys that didn’t seem like good guys and bad guys and didn’t see my bad guys. There was one I was disappointed with because I still think he was a bad guy even though it was written to make you think he was a good guy after all.

The main characters are well-developed and even the supporting characters made me feel relieved or betrayed as the character grew or changed within the story. Baldacci’s descriptions do a great job of bringing the reader into the scene. That’s especially true in the action scenes even where gunfire is involved.

I like the last chapter of and it’s the way I would have wanted the book end but I think I would’ve liked it presented differently. The ending was too easy but the outcome was good. That’s really the only thing I would criticize. It was a great book and I’ll definitely be reading some more David Baldacci.

No comments: