Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge - Back To School

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/
1. Way back when (the Hodgepodge bicentennial to be precise) several of you submitted questions as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I went back to that list for inspiration today and found a question submitted by Marla, who blogs over at Marla's Musings. Thanks Marla!

She asks-At what age did you feel like a 'grown-up'? What keeps you young now?

When I was 43. That’s how old I was when Grandma died. She was my last grandparent and it marked not being able to run away and be a grandchild anymore. What still keeps me young is my dad; I’m still Pop’s little princess.


2. When did you last buy a vehicle? Was this by design or because you had no other option? Was the car/truck purchased for your own personal use or was it bought for someone else to drive? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being delightful and 1 being 'pass the Excedrin') how would you rate the experience?

My last vehicle purchase was the 1994 Camaro which is the only car I bought new and paid for every cent. The whole experience from purchase to hanging up the keys was fantastic…well, maybe notsomuch the hanging up the keys part.

Quite recently, I was part of the decision making process of the wheelchair van David purchased. It’s recent enough that the jury is still out on rating the experience.



3. Corn bread, corn chips, corn pudding, corn on the cob, cornflakes, corn chowder-your favorite of the corn-y foods listed? What needs to be served alongside your selection?

Corn bread with apple or peach butter.


4. What's something in your life that regularly requires you to 'put your thinking cap on'?

Movies. I’m not a big movie watcher so I usually have to think hard and then make something up if the question is about movies.


5. Share a favorite movie set in a school or classroom, or whose theme relates to school days in some way.

Let me put my thinking cap on…


6. Reading, writing, and 'rithmatic' are commonly referred to as the three R's. What are the three R's in your life right now?

Resting, Rehab Medical (company that does my wheelchair) and Resonance (The R in MRI)


7. What's something you've learned or tried recently you can say was as 'easy as ABC'?

I pronounced “ABC” in German to give myself a little slack. ;)

Lucidchart, the software I used to create the first proposed floor plan for the new bathroom. It’s basically a knock-off of Visio which is software I used for a few floor plans and technical drawings in school, but it’s been a few years since I’ve used it. It’s like riding a bike, though.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Whoever coined the phrase “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks,” to describe the difficulty of learning new things has never tried to teach a young cat anything. I just say “you can’t teach a cat” and be done with it. David just went out the door to take the van to the mechanic and Marco went right out with him and trotted on ahead. A few seconds later the porch door reopened and Marco was unceremoniously dropped inside. Marco is the 7th cat who has lived here (that includes when Azzie and Kaline were here for a few weeks before Kaline moved in and a 3-month trial with Morgan) and out of those 7 cats he is the only one with a consuming desire to go outside. We live near a busy street and our cats are absolutely house cats. I just don’t get it. He was born in a garage and stayed there with his mom and siblings until he came to live with us at 7 weeks old. He was never wild cat. Where does this desire to be outside come from? He was named after an infielder not the explorer. Sigh; you can’t teach a cat.

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've only had one cat in my lifetime. He was an indoor cat and I could never understand how people could have them and let them run loose outside. Definitely a different connection than having them indoors or having a dog.

Joyce said...

It's nice to see you in the HP today! My blog has suffered from neglect in recent months too, very hit or miss posting, but I'm hoping to get into a routine now that we're settled in our temporary home. We're here for a year, so temporary is a relative term : )

Edna B said...

Wow, I have a bit of catching up here to do. I stop by quite frequently, so I'm not sure how all these new posts snuck in without me seeing them.

Nani, I was tickled pink to hear about the van. Oh my, it can make things so much easier for you to travel about. I wish you much luck with it.

I think a sense of wandering just comes naturally for some cats and dogs. My Pogo lived his live in a cage before coming to live with me. I cannot let him loose outdoors because he heads straight for the street. We live on a very busy street (Rt. 28) and I shudder at what would happen to him if he ran out there. He almost made it once, and I thought my heart would never stop racing.

I don't know when I started feeling like a grown up, I just know it was when I was quite young. What keeps me young now is my family, my responsibilities around the house (it's a business) and my little Pogo. He's the reason I get up some days. When I feel depressed, I look at him and my heart gets a kick start. We are rather good for each other.

Now I'm to check out the next post. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

seamhead gypsy said...

As miserable this baseball season has been, one of my "R's" would have been Red Sox. But then I'll bet you already knew that"