Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, June 4, 2021

The Chronicles of Nani - Self-Help Groups

No matter what your chronic illness is a self-help group is an excellent opportunity to be with people that deal with the same things that you do. And let you know that you are not alone.


I was a certified self-help group leader with the national MS Society for about a year and a half and it was a wonderful experience. I met so many other people with multiple sclerosis and so many different types of MS. It gave me a greater understanding of what I'm living with but it also gave me a better understanding that I'm not the only one living with it. I discovered that a healthy combination of optimism and realism is key to making the most of existing with a chronic illness. 


This vlog talks about multiple sclerosis self-help groups, that will resume being person to person meetings eventually as we move towards a post-Covid world, because that's my personal disease and my personal experience. But I'm sure a web search will reveal many peer groups for various chronic illnesses as well as local person-to-person support groups.


No comments: