Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday By Request 2//15/19


This week I'm sending a big thank you to Lillian and Edna for their requests for today which came in at about the same time. Edna mentioned in comments that she'd love to read some more poetry and Lillian had asked on Facebook for a poem specifically about squirrels. I'm much too happy to oblige! Since there were two requests my furrry friends get two .poems.



A Child's Camping Buddies

Camping with our grandparents in the late off-season
Always caused Papa to require with the own reason
“Better know where the nearest hospital is
‘Cause one of these days they'll bite that kid'

After a summer full of campers they were practically domestic
‘I'd sit alone on a picnic table with my bag full of peanuts
They’d gather around me enjoying their treats
Some right out of my hand, I thought that was neat

When I wasn't at the playground or catching a fish
I was back at the picnic table granting their wish
And all of my grandfather’s fears were for naught
'Cause I never once needed a rabies shot







Squirrely On CAT TV

When there's not the boring "White Show” on CAT TV
"Squirrely" is my favorite show I watch with JD
Having a giant oak tree in our front yard
Guarantees kitty and me will be watching hard

I can't see the nest from the wheelchair when I'm out
But there's one squirrel on that tree constantly happy and stout
And he'll share the tree with some others to play
There seems to be a limit, they only come up half way

On a good day we see four, five or more
Scaling that tree, and looking to explore
JD wags her tail and paces the big front "screen"
I chuckle and call her "Mamas girl" as I watch that scene

When the day gets later and they finish their playing
She can often be found snuggled across my chest laying
JD falls asleep still wiggling it seems
Chasing the squirrels in the yard in her dreams.



1 comment:

Edna B said...

Bravo! Bravo! I love your squirrel poems. Methinks your kitty cats love them too! I love watching the squirrels playing in my yard. Pogo enjoys watching them too. For some reason, we don't see very many of them in Florida, but then maybe it's because the area we go to is so very built up and there are tons of tourists.

Gosh, just two more weeks and we board a plane to the warm sunshine. I think of you every time I look at the palm trees. I'll have to take a little video for you.

Now it's time for me to get busy here. Lots to do before we go. Nani girl, I hope your Valentine's Day was awesome, and I hope today is too. Hugs, Edna B.