Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, March 19, 2016

If You Can't Say Something Nice…

Lazing around the house. Still here, still coping.

The last few weeks have been kind of rough for me and I never feel like airing my ripped up and shredded laundry while it's getting ripped up and shredded. It's more my speed to get a new wardrobe and show off of the new laundry before it even gets dirty again.

I speak metaphorically, of course. We can just leave it at somewhere between infections, weakening muscles, general malaise and the temperament that goes with not being able to move and get around the house, I haven't really felt up to prowling around online, reading or writing any blogs. Things are starting to get better now.

I do have some financial woes. MS is one pricey disease! I suppose a lot of incurable diseases are pricey but the progressive form of this one is one of the worst because it still won't kill me so there's not a foreseeable end to the expense. Not that I want it to kill me. Like the people who call and counsel me on the phone always hear from me as an answer when they ask, "I'm not suicidal, or homicidal.” But I do get frustrated, same as anyone else when it comes to money, I suppose. The biggest difference is when I can't pay the bills they don't turn off the lights and shut off the water, there just won't be help. It means I can't get a glass of water or move to someplace where there's light.

Right now, until I can’t afford it anymore, I have an aide that comes in for a few hours in the afternoon to help me with some basic things in the house and make sure I get cleaned up and have a hot meal at midday. The added bonus is that having another human being I can talk to for a few hours has made a huge difference for me emotionally. Insurance doesn't cover home health aides and I am working desperately to look for assistance in paying that bill so I don't have to quit.

I am happy to report that insurance did approve the new wheelchair! Reflection Medical, the chair vendor, won't be able to place the order until they get the written approval sometime next week, but I called the insurance company to verify what parts of the chair is covered and what parts I'll have to pay out-of-pocket. They told me that absolutely every bit of the chair was approved! Nani does a happy dance!

There’s my short nod to the good, the bad and the better. Now I’ll be reading my friends’ blogs and catching up for a coupe of days so I feel I’m back in my groove. I missed blogland and all of my visiting friends!

3 comments:

Edna B said...

Nani girl, I am so glad to see you back in blogland. I have missed your beautiful smile. Speaking of smiles, what a lovely new photo of you.

Do you have Medicaid? I just googled it to see if home care is covered, and supposedly it is. Hmmm, I wonder if its coverage is nationwide. There was something about waivers, and somehow I got the impression that there should be more covered help due for you. If I lived closer, I would come help you myself. I'm sure Pogo would love that. He's a people doggie.

Are you having beautiful Spring weather or do you have snow like we do? All my beautiful little plants are covered over with a lot of the cold white stuff today. They say the snow will stop in the next couple of hours. I hope so. I want my Springtime back!!

If I can do anything to help you, just let me know. You have a wonderful day Nani. Hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

Nani, I really miss you:( but I am so glad to see that bright big smile on your face:) Let me know if I can do anything to help you or if you just need some company:) Hope to see you soon!!

XO :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm happy for the good news on your chair and glad that you have had someone to talk with during the day. Sending {{{HUGS}}} your way and keeping you in my prayers. Have a beautiful Easter Sunday.