Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Themed Hodge Podge – More Cake?

It's Joyce's birthday at From This Side of the Pond. Won't you stop at our Hodge Podge host's place and wish her a great day?


1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?

The last time that I sang happy birthday to someone, David and I sang happy birthday to Carla before we dispensed the birthday treat. The last time someone sang happy birthday to me was Pop and David saying to Aunt Judy and me when Pop grilled our birthday feast. I don’t ever find it embarrassing when someone sings to me I always think that is sweet.


2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?

Country music star Martina McBride was born same as me. On Friday, July 29, 1966 Martina’s mom and my mom were doing the same thing. I don’t think meeting “famous” people is a big deal. (Probably from my background working in entertainment and sports.) But I like Martina’s music and it might be fun to have a cup of coffee with her and chuckle about what our moms were doing that day.


3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?

Something thoughtful or handmade. Truth is for birthdays I really prefer cards and company.


4. What can you guarantee about yourself?

I will find the positive side of any situation.


5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?

My taste in art is as diverse as my taste in about everything else. I love da Vinci and all the Italian masters and either painting would be fabulous to see in person. Both Milan and Paris are beautiful cities rich in history and both have a Claes Oldenburg sculpture.

In Paris, there is the buried bicycle.

In Milan, there is Needle, Thread and Knot, celebrating the fashion industry.

I really can’t decide which I want to go see. I speak a little bit of French, I read a little bit of Italian and while I really love Italian Master portraits, I wonder if it might not be difficult to get close enough to the little Mona Lisa to enjoy the detail. Also while I love them both, I’m more drawn to Needle, Thread and Knot. I guess I’m going to Milan.


6. Your favorite dessert?

Actual in a restaurant dessert? I hope everyone reading this guessed black forest cake.


7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?

To get ready for fall I stock up on pumpkin spice everything. I always look forward to the baseball playoffs. While I have reasons I love them both and after the winter I’m dying for spring, I must say that I love fall the colors, flavors and harvesting spirit more. The wonder of autumn is the one thing that helps me deal with summer being gone.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Yanno, I have so many random ideas in my head almost all the time and on Wednesdays when I come to question number eight on the Hodge Podge I draw a blank. Performance anxiety much? Yeesh!

Well since I’m posting late anyway I’ll get another cup of coffee take a power nap and see if anything random hits me and I’ll probably post that tomorrow.

4 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I really think your answer to #3 is perfect!!! You are rare, and I LIKE it!!!!

Joyce said...

I've seen the Mona Lisa several times, but there are always mobs of people around her. I honestly think she is better viewed in a great art book. Unless you can arrange a private tour of the Louvre : ) Enjoy your day!

Edna B said...

I have to agree with you on number three. Cards and time spent with someone you like are great gifts. I enjoy looking at art and beautiful cities in books. I don't really have to travel to appreciate them. Now I have to get busy preparing for work tonight. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a blessing to find a positive side to everything. Love that buried bicycle, I missed that one when I was there! That needle and thread is pretty awesome too. I love pumpkin!