It's Joyce's birthday at From This Side of the Pond. Won't you stop at our Hodge Podge host's place and wish her a great day?
1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
The last time that I sang happy birthday to someone, David and I sang happy birthday to Carla before we dispensed the birthday treat. The last time someone sang happy birthday to me was Pop and David saying to Aunt Judy and me when Pop grilled our birthday feast. I don’t ever find it embarrassing when someone sings to me I always think that is sweet.
2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
Country music star Martina McBride was born same as me. On Friday, July 29, 1966 Martina’s mom and my mom were doing the same thing. I don’t think meeting “famous” people is a big deal. (Probably from my background working in entertainment and sports.) But I like Martina’s music and it might be fun to have a cup of coffee with her and chuckle about what our moms were doing that day.
3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
Something thoughtful or handmade. Truth is for birthdays I really prefer cards and company.
4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I will find the positive side of any situation.
5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
My taste in art is as diverse as my taste in about everything else. I love da Vinci and all the Italian masters and either painting would be fabulous to see in person. Both Milan and Paris are beautiful cities rich in history and both have a Claes Oldenburg sculpture.
In Paris, there is the buried bicycle.
In Milan, there is Needle, Thread and Knot, celebrating the fashion industry.
I really can’t decide which I want to go see. I speak a little bit of French, I read a little bit of Italian and while I really love Italian Master portraits, I wonder if it might not be difficult to get close enough to the little Mona Lisa to enjoy the detail. Also while I love them both, I’m more drawn to Needle, Thread and Knot. I guess I’m going to Milan.
6. Your favorite dessert?
Actual in a restaurant dessert? I hope everyone reading this guessed black forest cake.
7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
To get ready for fall I stock up on pumpkin spice everything. I always look forward to the baseball playoffs. While I have reasons I love them both and after the winter I’m dying for spring, I must say that I love fall the colors, flavors and harvesting spirit more. The wonder of autumn is the one thing that helps me deal with summer being gone.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yanno, I have so many random ideas in my head almost all the time and on Wednesdays when I come to question number eight on the Hodge Podge I draw a blank. Performance anxiety much? Yeesh!
Well since I’m posting late anyway I’ll get another cup of coffee take a power nap and see if anything random hits me and I’ll probably post that tomorrow.
Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!
Welcome to my cyber neighborhood coffee shop! Grab a mug of your favorite
beverage and a cozy chair to read and comment a bit. Be sure to try a piece of
black forest cake or the tiramisu. Try both; cyber-cake is calorie free!
If you were visiting from Worldwide Christmas Scrapbooking Freebies, follow the
hyperlinks for Digitalegacies Designs' mini kit Christmas Cocoa
and the add-on Christmas Cocoa Flowers.