Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Domo Arigato For A Great Party!


The alarm went off this morning and we awakened with a start. How could we have fallen asleep at all? With visions of fast balls dancing in our heads in deep anticipation of what we’d find in our Sox this morning.

We ran down the stairs and turned on the TV. With fresh coffee and buttered toast, we settled in to watch the second half of the first preseason party of 2008!

Unlike Interleague Play, I watch the faux openers. Last year I celebrated Christmas the Saturday before with UNO and the Fabulous Dessert Bar and David and I went to my cousin's house for family dinner on Christmas Eve, but CHRISTMAS is December 25. It commemorates the birth of that baby and we do that on Christmas Day. We can celebrate it before then, give gifts and warm wishes, but Christmas Day is December 25.

I’m not comparing baseball to the birth of Jesus! I never said I think Al Kaline is the second coming. At least I don’t think he is. He is one of the sweetest and gentlest men in baseball to ever have a one-pound kitten named after him, but I wouldn’t go as far as making that suggestion. I’m just saying that on any given afternoon you can see the habit and collar of the cloth in the stands at a baseball game. Let’s give Opening Day the respect and recognition as a holiday it has earned in the hearts of laymen and clergy alike in North America!

What happened today was an Opening Day party. It was a great party because the Red Sox won in extra innings, but it’s before the holiday. That’s fine, just don’t confuse this with Opening Day. Opening Day is Monday. Opening Day is official with the parade in Cincinnati. We play, all of us, when the oldest professional team in baseball hears “PLAY BALL!” It’s almost here, but it’s not here yet! I will, however, be at the ESPN party in our living room on Opening Day Eve. The Braves will be there!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't disagree with you D. Last fall some poor sport t-ped my trees during game 7 of the ALCS. they did such a crappy job that it stayed right through game 4 of the WS. I also had my cap stolen and had to order a new one from that store on yawkey way. it arrived just in time for games 5, 6, & 7 of the ALCS. today my new RS flag broke off the pole it was one while flying from the front of my house.

sometimes it's tough being a Red Sox fan. but a member of Red Sox Nation I am. By the way, did you know that we are related? It's true. We are. I've seen some your video/photo work and I think you can help me with a project that I want to do an update on.