Credits: Basic Orange by the Ginger Scraps Designers,
Big Hearted Woman by Pixelily Designs.
Today is World MS Day. I submitted my personal quote, “I cannot control things that happen to me, but I'm the only one that controls how I react to things that happen to me,” to 1000 faces of MS as my personal motto. Today’s opening scrapbook layout was the page I did for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness week in March.
1. What question do you often ask yourself?
“What time is it?” I’m always checking the time, part because I get busy and lose track of time, sometimes because I want to know when I can take meds again. This is usually true when I wake up in the middle of the night and I check the phone because I’m sore. I always wake up sore, but after I move a little it gets better. Ibuprofen helps too!
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
Not n purpose I don’t grow them. We had two rose bushes in the flower bed that were gangly, bloomed once a year and were ugly. I hated them. When I bought all the perennial bulbs, between Kelly ad David they hacked out those ugly things, but somehow they must have seeded and now I het scrawny, gangly, thorny shoots that are skinnier but just as tall and they don’t bloom at all. I call them wild rose weeds.
That being said, I do love roses that bloom into large roses. My nonna had gorgeous roses in her garden, Noni’s name was Rosa; maybe there was a natural affinity there. I had a potted JFK rose bush for a while that had large white blooms, usually three times a year and I really loved that too. The most beautiful roses are the ones David gives me!
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
Yes, I read the dates. No I don’t use eggs past the “use by” date. My meds don’t expire. I’ll buy a dented can if dented cans are all that’s left and it’s something I really need, but I’ll choose undented in a different brand first. Dented cans don’t stack in the cupboard well.
4. Should athletes be role models?
Athletes are people and many of them with too much money too young to possibly have the maturity to be role models. It would be great if they took their notoriety seriously and maturely, and many do, but ultimately parents need to parent and know who their kids’ influences arte to talk to them about why or why not their choice is a good role model.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
In my lifetime, and the ONLY thing I’d put on something called a “bucket list” if I was forced to make one; I want to achieve immortality.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
I’d build a Minor League baseball stadium with a full sports complex, little league fields, mini golf, batting cages etc…. It would be on the mass transit line and include wheelchair accessible mini golf and batting cages.
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
About 6:45, unless David is taking me, then 7:15. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Random thought: It’s way past lunchtime and I didn’t have lunch. I’m hungry. Gonna make a cup of peanut butter chicken soup.